“”Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t. — Rikki Rogers
Yo yo yo! Hope you are having a fantastic Taco Tuesday!
Sadly today we wont be talking about tacos, lol
I am a big fan of nature and I know you are as well.
Yesterday I posted this picture on my Instagram and I got a lot of cool responses. Turns out I am not the only one that does this.
I want to invite you to try that next time you go hiking:
- Pick up and carry a heavy rock for distance
- Or overhead press the rock & then squat with it it
The heavier the rock the harder this will be.
If for some reason there are no rocks when you hike you can:
- Bring a weight vest (I’ve seen a lot of guys jog with them)
- Bring a kettlebell & overhead press it for distance
- Load up heavy things inside your backpack
- Bring a sandbag & do the hike with it
- Pick up your friend and carry them on the hike for some distance
These are different forms of loaded conditioning & if you can’t hike due to weather then you can take the same principles: pick something heavy & walk around your block for distance.
Simple, tough and effective!
Give that a try next time you hike. It will be a killer workout and a fun challenge!
Attack Life and Get Stronger!
– Luis Carrillo